Community Development Grants
The Community Development Grants were established in 2010 with the purpose of providing funding to eligible member clubs and Basic Skills programs throughout the United States to develop community-based programs and events that will attract, involve and inspire new generations of figure skaters. Six $2,000 grants are allocated each year to the member clubs, Basic Skills programs and STAR member facilities that most effectively demonstrate how they will use the grant to develop these initiatives.
2018-19 U.S. Figure Skating Community Development Grant
U.S. Figure Skating is awarding six grants for the 2018-19 membership year. The purpose of these grants is to provide money to selected member clubs, Learn to Skate USA programs and U.S. Ice Rink Association member facilities to develop community-based programs/events to attract, involve and inspire new generations of figure skaters.
Six $2,000 grants will be allocated to the member clubs, programs and facilities that most effectively demonstrate how they will use the grant to develop these initiatives. To apply for the grants, email a concise plan to U.S. Figure Skating in care of Susi Wehrli McLaughlin, senior director of membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each plan must contain the following information:
1) Complete contact information
2) Brief history or mission of the organization requesting the grant
3) Concise statement outlining your program/event plan
4) How this will benefit your community and U.S. Figure Skating
5) Who is your target audience? What is the anticipated number of participants?
6) Describe the marketing strategies and tactics to be used
7) How will you measure your success?
8) Timeline of your program/event
Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
Grants will be awarded after July 1, 2018.
Only applications submitted by email will be considered, please send your plan as a PDF, if possible. Plans received by the application deadline will be forwarded to a selection committee. All applicants will be notified of the results. Late applications will not be considered.