Skating Community Rallies Around Message of RISE, Mission of Memorial Fund
Members of the skating community have rallied around the cause through a host of selfless endeavors, including:
- A trio of Bay Area clubs working together to stage a public skating exhibition
- The Starlights synchronized skating teams holding an online auction
- Team USA members Rachael Flatt and Adam Rippon donating used skating costumes to myskatingmall.com
- Olympic gold medalist Evan Lysacek performing a uniquely choreographed exhibition at the 2011 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships
Now that the premiere event and special encore presentation have come and gone, the message and spirit of RISE live on through the Memorial Fund. Honoring those that lost their lives in the crash of Sabena Airlines Flight 548, the Memorial Fund provides qualified U.S. Figure Skating members in need of financial aid with monetary assistance to pursue their goals both inside and outside the competitive arena.
You can show your support for the Memorial Fund in a variety of ways.
- Filling out the online donation form
- Downloading the brochure (PDF), fill out the attached form and mail it to U.S. Figure Skating Headquarters
- Calling the Development Department at 719.635.5200
- Bidding on items in the U.S. Figure Skating online auction (through March 18)
- Completing the RISE online exit survey and making a donation to the Memorial Fund
- Purchasing RISE on DVD or Blu-ray when it is released this fall
- Purchasing RISE merchandise in the U.S. Figure Skating Online Store
- Entering your mobile phone number in the widget below and click "Donate Now"