- Basic Skills
- Adult Skating
- Theatre On Ice
- Test Track
- State Games
- Intercollegiate Team Skating
- National Showcase
- National Skating Month
- Solo Dance Competition Series
- Icemen Programs
- High School Programs
- Graduating Seniors Program
- Special Olympics/ Therapeutic Skating
- 6.0 System
- Gold Map
Welcome to the Collegiate Skating area of U.S. Figure Skating Online. Here you will find information on the Collegiate Skating Program, including tips on finding and managing a collegiate skating team, information on the U.S. Collegiate Figure Skating Championships, intercollegiate skating and collegiate synchronized skating, and a list of contacts of U.S. Figure Skating staff and volunteers who can answer any questions you may have about collegiate skating.
Collegiate skating continues to serve as a popular outlet for college-aged skaters. Graduating high school does not have to mean graduating from figure skating. Once enrolled in college as a full-time student, U.S. Figure Skating offers athletes many opportunities to participate in special programs geared toward the student-athlete. A variety of skaters are represented in the collegiate program. Some have been skating since they were young, others learn to skate in college, and yet others return to skating after a long absence from the sport. Regardless of level or experience, collegiate programs offer skaters a great opportunity to make friends with shared interests, assimilate to a new life at school, obtain leadership skills and stay in shape doing a sport they enjoy.
The level and commitment to the program varies by school, but there are many opportunities to stay involved. For the most up-todate list of colleges and universities with figure skating programs, click the "Find a Team" tab to the left.
Don't see the school you want to go to listed? Start your own team! It is a great way to learn valuable leadership and business skills.
U.S. Figure Skating offers a special membership for collegiate skaters. A four-year membership can be purchased through your home club for $70*, which is a 66 percent discount from a full membership for four years. It carries the same privileges as a full membership, including a subscription to SKATING magazine, and testing and competition privileges.
Figure skating clubs (and parents, through their club) can gift this membership to graduating high school seniors, helping the skaters stay connected to their home club and U.S. Figure Skating during college. If figure skating clubs are gifting the four year Collegiate Membership to their graduating seniors, they can choose to download a personalized certificate to present to the skater on behalf of the club. Click here to download the certificate.
For a full list of FAQ pertaining to the collegiate membership, click here.
- Special collegiate membership
- U.S. Collegiate Championships
- Intercollegiate team competitions
- Synchronized skating
- Stay involved - be a coach, judge, technical panel official, accountant, etc.
- There are NO scholarships available for any type of figure skating, including synchronized skating.
- You should NOT pick your college based on figure skating. While figure skating in college is a great opportunity, the school you choose should ultimately be based on your academic needs. You can always start your own club!
- Collegiate skaters are STUDENT-Athletes. Academics should always come first.