(9/27/12) - Clarification of spin requirement for No Test, Pre-Preliminary and Preliminary Singles events (PDF)
Formal communications coming out of the Technical Group will be announced using a Technical Notification Document. This will be applied to the following types of communications:
- 1. Clarifications to ISU Communications where the chair has made the determination that the U.S. Figure Skating community should be made aware of the content of the information. This will be done in order to provide clarity and/or further explanation.
2. Errors or clarifications to existing U.S. Figure Skating rules that are deemed to be urgent by the chair of the respective committee. This will include as attachments both tables & charts that are updated annually to reflect program requirements.
Technical Notifications will be issued Thursdays by 5 p.m. MST and will take effect the Monday of the following week, unless otherwise expressly stated. Technical Notifications that are no longer active as of Sept. 1 can be found by clicking on the light blue "Archive" tab to the left.
Information from technical notifications that have been archived can be found in the U. S. Figure Skating Rulebook (http://www.usfigureskating.org/New_Judging.asp?id=361), or in USAid (the handbook used by technical panels for novice and lower events).
USAid Singles and Pairs: http://www.usfigureskating.org/New_Judging.asp?id=355
USAid Ice Dancing: http://www.usfigureskating.org/New_Judging.asp?id=356
- Technical Notification #140 - Adult Skating Dramatic and Light Entertainment Events (11/14/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #139 - Pairs Technical Panel Calling Specifications for Pair Spins (11/14/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #138 - Synchronized Skating - Program Component Factors (10/31/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #137 - Synchronized Skating - Difficulty Levels for Teams With Other Than 16 Skaters (amended 11/14)
Note: This notification supersedes Technical Notification #118 (Revised 10/10/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #136 - Singles - Spins - Clarification of Difficult Variations for Upright and Layback Spins (9/26/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #135 - Implementation of ISU Communication 1817 and Program Interruption (9/19/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #134 - Use of Electronic Devices on the Officials' Stands during Competitions and Tests (9/12/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #133 - Continued Active Status (9/5/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #132 - Synchronized Skating - Costume Guidelines for 2013-14 (Revised, 10/31/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #130 - Pair Skating - Novice Pairs Program Factors (8/23/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #129 - Pair Skating - Juvenile, Intermediate and Novice Pair Spins Clarifications (8/1/13, PDF)
Note: This Notification supersedes Technical Notification #113 and #89
- Technical Notification #128 - Singles - Juvenile and Intermediate Spins Clarifications (8/1/13, PDF)
Note: This Notification supersedes Technical Notifications #102
- Technical Notification #127 - Synchronized Skating - 2013-14 Calling Specifications for Wheel Element (7/4/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #126 - Ice Dancing - Juvenile Pattern Dance Review Clarification (6/20/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #125 - Pair Skating - Intermediate Pair Skating factors (revised 6/27/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #124 - Ice Dancing - Pattern Dance Calling Specifications Clarification for Novice and below (Revised on 6/6/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #123 - Ice Dancing - General Rules for "Skaters' Choice" Music for 2013-14 (PDF, Revised on 5/14/13)
- Technical Notification #122 - Ice Dancing, Singles and Pairs - Implementation Date of ISU Communications #1787 and #1790
- Technical Notification #118 Synchronized Skating - Difficulty levels for teams with other than 16 skaters (PDF)
- Technical Notification #117 Synchronized Skating - Specifications for No Hold Element for teams with other than 16 skaters (PDF)
- Technical Notification #96 - Competitions -IJS Calculations for Nonqualifying-Level Events and Non Standard Elements Scale of Values (Revised 7/4/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #95 - Ice Dancing - Wrong Side to Start (PDF)