(9/27/12) - Clarification of spin requirement for No Test, Pre-Preliminary and Preliminary Singles events (PDF)
Formal communications coming out of the Technical Group will be announced using a Technical Notification Document. This will be applied to the following types of communications:
- 1. Clarifications to ISU Communications where the chair has made the determination that the U.S. Figure Skating community should be made aware of the content of the information. This will be done in order to provide clarity and/or further explanation.
2. Errors or clarifications to existing U.S. Figure Skating rules that are deemed to be urgent by the chair of the respective committee. This will include as attachments both tables & charts that are updated annually to reflect program requirements.
Technical Notifications will be issued Thursdays by 5 p.m. MST and will take effect the Monday of the following week, unless otherwise expressly stated. Technical Notifications that are no longer active as of Sept. 1 can be found by clicking on the light blue "Archive" tab to the left.
Information from technical notifications that have been archived can be found in the U. S. Figure Skating Rulebook (http://www.usfigureskating.org/New_Judging.asp?id=361), or in USAid (the handbook used by technical panels for novice and lower events).
USAid Ice Dancing: http://www.usfigureskating.org/New_Judging.asp?id=356
- Technical Notification #164 - Synchronized Skating - Rotating Circle - Weaving for Teams with Odd Numbers of Skaters (PDF, 11/6/14)
- Technical Notification #163 - Ice Dance - Calling Specifications for Ice Dance Novice and Below (PDF, 11/6/14)
- Technical Notification #162 - Synchronized Skating - Scale of Values for Block Step Sequence Element and Circle Step Sequence Elements - Intermediate and Adult Teams (PDF, 10/23/14)
- Technical Notification #161 - Synchronized Skating - Program Component Factors for Intermediate, Novice and Adult (PDF, 10/23/14)
- Technical Notification #160 - Synchronized Skating - Judges Guidelines for GOE's for Block Step Sequence and Circle Step Sequence Elements - Intermediate and Adult Free Skating Programs (PDF, 10/23/14)
- Technical Notification #159 - Synchronized Skating - Calling Specifications for Intersection Element and Pairs Element for Teams with Other than 16 Skaters (PDF, 10/9/14)
- Technical Notification #158 - Synchronized Skating - Calling Specifications for No Hold Element for Teams with Other than 16 Skaters (PDF, 10/9/14)
- Technical Notification #157 - Continued Active Status (PDF, 9/4/14)
- Technical Notification #156 - Pairs - Juvenile through Novice Levels of Difficulty and Spin Clarifications (PDF, updated 9/25/14)
- Technical Notification #155 - Singles - Calling Clarification for Juvenile through Novice (8/28/14, PDF) Note: This notification supersedes Technical Notification #148
- Technical Notification #154 - Adult Skating - Ice Dancing - Skater's Choice for Championship Adult Dance (8/7/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #153 - Competitions - Singles, Pairs, Ice Dancing, Synchronized - Late Start Penalty Implementation (8/7/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #152 - Adult Singles - Calling Clarifications (7/31/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #151 - Competitions - IJS Calculations for Nonqualifying-Level Events and Non Standard elements Scale of Values (7/31/14, PDF) Note: This supersedes Technical Notification #96 (Revised 6/5/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #150 - Synchronized Skating - Intermediate and Adult Well-Balanced Program Requirements (updated 9/25/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #149 - Implementation of ISU Communications #1874 and #1875 (7/3/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #147 - Ice Dancing - Calling Clarifications for Novice, Intermediate and Juvenile (6/19/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #146 - Ice Dancing - Skater's Choice Pattern Dance Timing Chart (Revised 5/22/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #144 - Synchronized Skating - Adoption of ISU Age Changes for the Season 2014-15 for Senior and Junior (4/3/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #141 - Synchronized Skating - Senior, Junior and Collegiate Well-Balanced Program Requirements 2014-15 (3/27/14, PDF)
- Technical Notification #136 - Singles - Spins - Clarification of Difficult Variations for Upright and Layback Spins (9/26/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #134 - Use of Electronic Devices on the Officials' Stands during Competitions and Tests (9/12/13, PDF)
- Technical Notification #124 - Ice Dancing - Pattern Dance Calling Specifications Clarification for Novice and below (Revised on 6/6/13, PDF)