- Team USA
- U.S. Synchronized Skating Team
- S.T.A.R.S. Off-Ice Testing
- Team USA Prep Seminar
- DREAM Program
- Sports Science and Medicine
- Tests Passed/U.S. Figure Skating Gold Medalists
- Special Achievement Awards
- Getting Started in Pairs and Ice Dancing
- Nonqualifying Competitions Outside North America
Sport Science and Medicine
U.S. Figure Skating offers a variety of sports science and sports medicine services to figure skating athletes and coaches.
U.S. Figure Skating's Athlete High Performance Department is offering research grants to members of the National Network (see below) and members in good standing with U.S. Figure Skating.
Interested principal investigators should review the cover letter (PDF) and download and complete the grant application (PDF).
Please direct any questions to Peter Zapalo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications must be submitted (as an email attachment) to Peter Zapalo no later than 4 p.m. MST on Friday, March 25.
Looking for a practitioner to provide treatment or therapy for an injury? How about a scientist to conduct testing on your athlete? Or do you need someone to give an educational talk at your club? The Sports Medicine and Science National Network is a service provided by U.S. Figure Skating to help athletes and coaches around the country find performance support. Check out the highlight box on the right to access your online directory.
- Injury Prevention
- Hidden Training: Athlete Lifestyle (PDF)
- Drug Testing
- Travel Prep
Sports Sciences and Medicine Symposium - A seminar discussing the latest in sports science and medicine in skating, held each year in conjunction with the annual PSA meeting. Next meeting in May, 2012 in Boston, MA. See http://www.skatepsa.com/2012Conference.htm for more information.
Reference List (PDF) - A comprehensive list of peer-reviewed scientific publications addressing research relevant to figure skating training and technique
Link City (PDF) - A comprehensive collection of links to excellent web sites that offer sound information about sports medicine and sports science
- U.S. Figure Skating Position Paper on Disordered Eating and Eating Disorders (PDF)
- Performance Support Teams: 2014 Conference 2008 (PDF)
- Performance Support Teams: Dance Coaches College 2008 (PDF)
- Managing Support Teams: Elite Coaches Seminar 2008 (PDF)
- Periodization: Beyond the Concept Dance Coaches College 2008 (PDF)
- Periodization: Planning and Monitoring Dance Coaches College 2008 (PDF)
- Monitoring in the Annual Plan: Elite Coaches Seminar 2008 (PDF)
- Strengthening: Making Muscles Smarter Elite Coaches Seminar 2008 (PDF)
- Planning: Staying Healthy & Injury-Free Elite Coaches Seminar 2008 (PDF)
- Growth & Development (Swimming)
- Nutrition: Keeping a Performance-Centered Focus Dance Coaches College 2008 (PDF)
- Nutrition Elite Coaches Seminar 2008 (PDF)
- Disordered Eating (PDF)
- Female Athlete Triad (PDF)
- Professional Skaters Association