- Current Issue
- Fantasy Skating
- U.S. Figure Skating Auctions
- SKATING Magazine
- Judges & Officials
- Member Services
- Museum & Hall of Fame
- U.S. Figure Skating at a Glance
- Figure Skating A to Z
- Headquarters Staff
- Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- Mission Statement
- Contact Us
Once you become a member of U.S. Figure Skating, you'll want to visit our Member Services area. It has forms, Tests Passed, information on Governing Council, frequently asked questions and key contacts in our Member Services Department.
U.S. Figure Skating Membership Grows Over Previous Year (PDF)
U.S. Figure Skating Membership Grows Over Previous Year (PDF)
U.S. Figure Skating Membership
You can become a U.S. Figure Skating member by joining through a U.S. Figure Skating club or becoming an individual member. Note: Club members - please contact your club for registration information.
To join through a club, find a club in your area, and you will automatically be registered for an introductory, full or subsequent membership. Annual fees and additional benefits vary by club. Members of the organization have the ability to do the following:
- Test at U.S. Figure Skating-sponsored test sessions
- Compete at U.S. Figure Skating-sanctioned events
- Participate in U.S. Figure Skating qualifying events
- Represent your club at regional, sectional and national events
- Participate in all sanctioned events events
Members also receive the following benefits:
- Certificates of accomplishment for passing proficiency tests and placing at U.S. Figure Skating qualifying events (athletes)
- Subscription to SKATING magazine
- Individually numbered membership card
- Coverage under U.S. Figure Skating's sports accident insurance policy
- Special offers and discounts from U.S. Figure Skating corporate partners
Of course, being a member of U.S. Figure Skating also means you have the opportunity to become a member of the U.S., World or Olympic Figure Skating Team!
Individual Membership (No Club Affiliation)
The 2012-13 individual membership is valid from 7/1/12 through 6/30/13. The cost of individual membership is $120 per year, which includes a U.S. Figure Skating rulebook, a subscription to SKATING and a lapel pin (first year only). Additional family members may join at a cost of $52 per year (this does not include a rulebook or SKATING). Late season applicants please note: we do not pro-rate our fees. Individual members receive all the benefits of membership listed above plus:
- U.S. Figure Skating rulebook
- U.S. Figure Skating lapel pin
Please fill out the Individual Membership Registration Form to become an individual member of U.S. Figure Skating.
The introductory membership is a full membership available to first-time full members at a discounted rate of $25 (second and subsequent members are $15). This membership is available only through a member club. Introductory membership carries the same privileges as a full membership, including a subscription to SKATING magazine and all testing and competition rights. To find a club in your area, use the club search engine.
Collegiate Membership Package
This is a four-year full membership at a reduced rate for college-aged members, and all skating privileges apply for the four-year duration. Collegiate members may purchase this membership package through any U.S. Figure Skating member club. Each athlete may receive this option only once during their entire skating career. The cost is $70 for a consecutive four-year period - a savings of $90, or 56 percent, over a full membership for the same time frame.
- Carries the same privileges as a full member, including subscription to SKATING magazine, and all testing and competition rights
- Available through any U.S. Figure Skating member club
- Can sign up any time in college; good for a consecutive four-year period
- Not required for applicants to send in college transcripts upon registration
- May only use this option once
- Additional club fees may apply
Basic Skills Membership
Why join the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program?
- It is the official learn-to-skate program of the national governing body for figure skating
- Fun, challenging and rewarding skating curriculums for all ages and abilities
- Highest quality instruction
- Bridge to U.S. Figure Skating testing and competitive structure
- Sports accident insurance coverage
- All for a $12 annual membership fee!
In order to join the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program, you need to register through one of the 900 programs across the country; you cannot register individually through U.S. Figure Skating. Session costs will vary from program to program. Once you find a program in your area (use the quick search function on the Basic Skills page), you'll be on your way to enjoying one of the greatest sports around!
When you register for the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program, you will receive:
- An official U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills membership card
- A brightly colored record book with stickers to track your progress through the lessons
- A membership year patch
- Sport Accident Insurance
- General information about ice skating
- Opportunity to participate in group lessons, approved competitions and performances associated with the registered program
- Basic Skills Edition of SKATING magazine
Friends of Figure Skating
Launched in 2001, Friends of Figure Skating has provided financial support to U.S. Figure Skating programs and athletes through annual membership giving. These contributions support programs such as Basic Skills and provide financial assistance to skaters at all levels with the goal of helping athletes compete successfully at the local, national and international levels. Together, Friends of Figure Skating (FOFS) members are instrumental in introducing the sport of figure skating to young men and women across the county and in developing and supporting the champions of today and tomorrow!
New members can join anytime throughout the year. The traditional membership year is Oct. 1 through Sept. 30, coinciding with the competitive season. You can expect to receive your member benefit mailing in September (trading pins, media guide and FOFS gear).
What are the membership benefits?
When you become a Friend of Figure Skating, you select the level of membership that is right for you. Each membership level has benefits associated with it that are commensurate to the level of giving.
All members have the opportunity to attend members-only events and meet the athletes who are benefiting from your support. Basic membership also includes a subscription to SKATING magazine. As you upgrade your membership, you will receive additional benefits such as a quarterly call with a U.S. Figure Skating athlete, U.S. Figure Skating's annual media guide, priority seating options at U.S. Figure Skating events, official Friends of Figure Skating gear, the U.S. Championships DVD collection, the ability to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the public and even complimentary hospitality passes and all-session tickets to the U.S. Figure Skating Championships!
Some benefits are priceless! Many Friend of Figure Skating members have built friendships with other members across the country and look forward to traveling to competitions and getting together throughout the year.
What's new this year?
If you already are a FOFS member, you'll notice we've added new benefits this year and realigned the benefit levels based on responses from a member survey conducted in April 2010. It was important to members that a portion of every level of membership provide charitable support after the "hard costs" of benefits are deducted. We listened to our members and are striving to bring benefits that add value to this membership, keeping in mind that the No. 1 reason members have said they joined is "To give my charitable support to the skaters and U.S. Figure Skating programs." Join our "Team Behind the Team" today, and become a part of the growing Friends of Figure Skating family!